Wednesday, March 20, 2013

winter's over, spring is here

Well here goes, another quarterly update.. or so it seems. We left off last fall, about mid cross season, which ended off fairly successfully, well much more than the previous year! Some good riding in December was nice to hold over some fitness into Christmas, when the cool weather started to set in. A bit of snow on the ground even got me out on the skiis! Unfortunately some untimely storms and bitter cold weather, put a halt to the Winter Bike League for a few weeks.
I received an invite to the Women's Development winter camp in SC, of course as mechanic. So I put some time on the trainer in January early Feb to get some riding in, before getting back out on the road for some WBL rides. SC was great, some good weather, and a couple of epic days in the hills.
Once I got back for SC, the weather was turning towards the positive, and the WBL rides carried on, with mileage racking up, a couple of warm days even got me out on the Madone once, which was sweet. But, on this, the first day of spring, winter's back. A typical maritime spring storm went through. Wet heavy snow, some drizzle to follow, and even some afternoon sun to stat the melt-off. Here's hoping for more on the positive side over the next couple of weeks.
I am off to Belgium for the month of April, this time with the U23 and Junior men, National Team projects, this will be a dream trip, that I am really looking forward to! I'll hope to have good time to keep up to date. at the very least, a condensed version, in a few months...

No comments: